This page contains contact details of useful links and selected companies that will be able to provide you with all the equipment you need to have an enjoyable and safe walking experience - Updated ready for 2014!
- www.alliedmobility.com - Disabled car specialists providing bespoke wheel chair adapted vehicles. Visit the website for a wide range of cars and van tailored individually to suit your needs.
Outdoor Fusion has a wide selection of outdoor and walking equipment available with free delivery across the UK with top brands such as North Face, Suunto & Columbia. Use coupon code WALKSWITH5% for 5% discount
Fitness Footwear is the UKs leading supplier of walking boots in the UK including popular brands such as Salomon, Merrell and Brasher. Use coupon code WALKSWITH5 for 5% discount
- www.accessibleguide.co.uk - packed with 175 inspirational things to do and places to go, reviewed by an enthusiastic and thorough team of disabled visitors
- Short walks on the Pembrokeshire coast giving access to all - booklet available on accessible walks in Pembrokeshire
- Walking with wheels in Bedfordshire and Milton Keynes - dedicated short routes for those on wheels
- Easy miles, no steps, no stiles - in and around the lake district
- Lakelands easiest walks - suitable for wheelchairs, pushchairs and people with limited mobility
- Walking on wheels - 50 wheel friendly trails in Scotland
- The Ramblers Association - Britain's biggest walking organisation
- The Countryside Code - helping everyone to respect, protect & enjoy our countryside
- The Clay Trails of Cornwall - walks around the cornish town of St Austell
- WDDT A charity whose Shopmobility Centre in Wareham hires wheelchairs to visitors to the Isle of Purbeck area of Dorset.
- Portsmouth-ramblers.hampshire.org.uk - walking organisation based in Portsmouth, Hampshire
- Terrainean Products -enabling our customers the freedom to access all-terrain areas anywhere in the world
- Disabled Go - Disabled Access Information
- Forth & Tay Disabled Ramblers - a user-led charity, established in August 2001
- Holiday Information for Wheelchair Users - holiday information for Wheelchair users and other people who have accessibility issues
- Groundwork - supporting communities in need, & helping too improve the quality of people’s lives
- www.colnevalleypark.org.uk - the first significant area of countryside to the west of London
- www.chilternsaonb.org - An Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- www.hampshirescountryside.co.uk The official tourism site for Hampshires countryside
- If you would like to try slightly more difficult routes, which may including stiles and steps try www.walks4softies.co.uk
- Whatsonexmoor - site dedicated to outdoor activities for the disabled and young families
- Walking for Health - all the information you need from the NHS
- Accessible Countryside for everyone - finding accessible places for all to enjoy in England and Wales
Disability and independent living resources
Stiltz Wheelchair Lifts is an easy, adaptable solution to help wheelchair users live independently at home
UK Stairlifts Direct provides free stairlift information from leading Stairlift manufacturers. For Stair Lifts and Stair Elevators visit UK Stairlifts Direct
Ableize has disability & mobility covered. The UK's biggest disability resource with over 1600 links of interest from access to attractions, mobility aids to medicine and wheelchairs to wet rooms
Orangewheels can help wheelchair users with a VAT-free sale on a new car and a big discount at the same time
Get Off-Road with Award Winning Wheeled Walker
www.trekinetic.com - Ground Breaking Wheelchairs
Health and Wellbeing
- Bournemouth Kinesiology - Kinesiology is a non-invasive and holistic approach to health care, ideal for people of all ages. It will quickly help to get to the route cause of illnesses.
- Therapy Directory - Promoting the benefits of complementary therapies and giving you information on making an informed choice.
- Blue Chip Holiday Cottages - Blue Chip Holidays offers great places to stay if you are looking for self catering holiday accommodation. They offer a stunning selection of 4 and 5 star luxury accommodation and many with disabled access. Find out more now and visit the website today
- www.information-britain.co.uk - Britain under one roof, your indispensable guide
- Driving with dogs - dog walking routes close to UK motorways
- http://www.sarcoma-uk.org - a resource for sarcoma patients in the UK.
- Fieldsman Bookshop - Publisher of Multi-Format Information
- A guide to London, including tourist attractions, museums, galleries, restaurants, shopping and nightlife.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Center - for information and support on Tardive Dyskinesia
- Mesothelioma Symptoms and maacenter- resources for those with mesothelioma
Advertising rates 2014
- Walks with Wheelchairs Ad rates: http://www.walkswithwheelchairs.com/advertising